The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Tso'ees to Ozette River

Decided to head south after all. Lightest of breezes and calm(er) seas made for a challenging but comfortable paddle. Fishermen everywhere, a result of a very short Halibut Fishery. Most of the guys were clustered behind the big offshore reefs, and a bunch were crowded gunnel to gunnel in the Devil's Armpit at Point of Arches. Clapotis was rough in there, and they were being tossed around badly as they hung in there in hopes of getting the big one. I paddled merrily through the middle of them, chuckling a bit under my breath. They must have thought I was even nuttier than they were as I disappeared in the trough of 7' swells and surfed down the backside of 4' clapotis.


I found the mouth of the Ozette and came in without incident in the small breaking waves. Great place to land.



I'm setup on the backside of the little spit where the river makes an S-bend into the ocean. Pretty spot, out of the wind, the river in front of me the sea behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment