The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Resume

My name is Daniel, I'm an Expedition Paddler, a certified BCU 3* Sea Kayaker and a 4* Sea Leader Aspirant. I hope to obtain my BCU 5* in multiple disciplines and would like to pursue a career in coaching, at the BCU Level 5. In answer to the obvious question, "Am I really that dedicated?". I am.

Two years ago I chose to make a career as a paddler and picked up my first paddle. Since then I've logged over 1500 hours of on-water time, much of it solo, and much of it open-water. I taught myself to roll, have instructed, and been a pool chaperone, and have undertaken numerous multiday solo expeditions.

Last summer I spent two months with Ginni Callahan working on her farm and gaining experience helping her on a few courses. During her LoCo Event I undertook, and completed all my certifications and required courses needed to qualify and take my four star assesment with Karl Anderson and John Wallum.

I am comfortable paddling both traditional and modern styles, and have built myself two Skin-on-frame kayaks this winter. A slim Baidarka, and a very slim Greenland play-boat.

Currently I am paddling my way down the entire coast of Washington from Canada in my Baidarka. As of this letter am waiting out the weather in Queets, about 30 miles south of Kalalloch WA. I chose this expediton as a way of evaluating and building my skills, meeting other paddlers, and making a name for myself in the world of sea-kayaking. I'm not looking for fame and fortune, I'm looking for work, and a way to do the one thing I love most, and that is paddle, professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment