The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Okay it's December the 27th and I haven't paddled in over two weeks... and I'm going nuts... I'm signed up for a pool session this coming Sunday, planning to spend the time working on my sculling and bracing. If I get some quiet time at the end of the session when everyone leaves the pool to sit in the hot-tub or head off early I'll try some rolls. I hate practising my rolls in front of other paddlers, not sure why but I do.

These are the Links to the Greenland and Baidarka videos that were posted recently.

http://www.vsocial.com/ups/75d14eca9b3782cedd05955ee08faf9e
.
http://www.vsocial.com/ups/d0b96e8fb3fc281fdf70870606742438
.
http://www.vsocial.com/ups/e1cc1027b7c64e2fe3f381cb21a2a10a
.
http://www.vsocial.com/ups/e72198574e0b93429c65b7dd5cf052af
.
.
.

I grabbed this list of Robin's from West Coast Paddler's site.
"So, in no particular order, an extended solo trip gear list for gear packed inside (only myself in the cockpit) and with all of those drybags typically looks like:
*kayak cart
*2 white fuel/unleaded gas stoves..in the past Whisperlites but now Coleman Featherlite 420s
*4 ~1L canisters of white gas shoved to each end of the boatpump water filter
*Pristine binary water purification as a third backup
*frying pan
*1 1.5 L pot
*1L kettle
*2 10L dromedaries
*4 flint/magnesium fire starters -- 1 tied to each stove, food bag, etc.
*4-5 lengths of at least 12m 4mm line
*2 man tent with a ground sheet
*2.9 x 3.9m silicone impregnated nylon tarp
*peak hammock*an MEC Oassis sleeping bag for the summer or an old (overkill) -20 MEC primaloft bag for the winter
*Big Agnes Primaloft Insulated Air Core...used to stick with an old thermarest style but cobble beaches get sore..a much thicker but still compact air mattress is nice
*...no more bulky fleece for me, with a now disco'd MEC Primaloft top for chills
*expedition weight (Malden Mills® Power Dry) long johns
*poncho
*two pairs of tops and bottom mareno wool long underwear
*rubber boots
*short neoprene booties
*cheap rubber thongs for easy footwear
*cheap rain pants
*two thermoguard type paddling tops to always have one to dry
*a shorty paddling spray top for those warmer but windier days
*spare adjustable spray deck
*farmer john wet suit for those in between temperature days
*dry suit for below 13-14 degrees, rainy, or very windy, or exposed coast
*foldable chair (wimping out now...and found that I have the space)
Yeah.....I think that's my main list of the typical kit that I now fully pack inside."

No comments:

Post a Comment