The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pool Session

Had a good pool session. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I always say that. It was - really.

Hopefully I've got the video, as I attached a borrowed camera to the front deck and let it run. We'll see what turns out I guess.

Worked on rolls for the better part of the two hours. Also flooded my front bulkhead and paddled around the pool. WAY too much fun cruising around with my stern sticking straight up. Kayak folk call it 'Cleopatra's Needle'. Can't remember how I pumped it out while floating around the pool last time. I know I had the kayak upside down to create a vacuum to keep air, couldn't get it right this time though. Wonder if I could use pump in reverse to blow air into the hatch...

Was supposed to head out on the water today with N, but 50km/h winds from the West with gusts up to 80km/h made us re-think the sanity of it. Rain varied from showers blowing side-ways, torrential rain blowing side-ways, and snow blowing side-ways. Temperatures were yo-yoing all over the place. Icy cold to moderate. Still it was tempting to poke my head out Esquimalt Lagoon and see if I could catch some wind waves back-in.


Time on water - 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment