The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Paddle to Bentinck Island & Pool Session

Group paddle out from Weirs Beach to Bentinck Island. Launched at 1100 and returned at 1530. Once again ~P predicted a perfect window of opportunity between weather changes. Beautiful, sunny, serene and warm. Great company, great conversation.

Tides made for good paddling with only a slight current to paddle against on the way home. Not a breeze to be felt until we rounded William Head for the last leg of the paddle. I dragged a balloon off my stern all the way out to toughen things up for myself. Want to take full advantage of any training opportunities I can. Still seriously considering paddling down to the Columbia River in August. Read somewhere about tieing a rope around the kayak to create drag, much the same effect I imagine.

Highlight for me was a massive Sea Lion that breached, belly-up, about ten feet off my bow. Was a big one, head the size of a big pumpkin, and a belly that could hold three of me.

...and
Two hours volunteer instructing in the pool.

Time on water (two outings)- 6.5 hours
Time volunteer instructing (two outings) - 4 hours
Time volunteer guiding - 4.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment