The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Esquimalt Lagoon to Witty's Lagoon

Went for a full-on, solo, sunset-run to Witty's Lagoon using my nine-foot paddle. Albert Head was calm and peaceful. I was lucky enough to see a very young orca being bumped to the surface by it's mother. A fat little dorsal fin and a short, stumpy little body gave it away as did the quick little puffs as it exhaled. Within a short few minutes it would surface again... and again... and again... at one point I think I glimpsed the black shiny head of Mum prodding baby from the side.

Seems that the place to see whales is off-shore and that's where I was, playing in the tide-lines far off of Albert Head.





An incredible experience... one I'll never forget.

THIS is a link to download the full photo catalog of Northern Resident Orcas in BC. It's a large file so please be patient.

Time on water - 6 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment