The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oak Bay Tea Party

We dragged a whack of 'yaks down to Willows Beach for the Oak Bay Tea Party. I have no idea how many bums we placed in the seats but it must have been hundreds. It was an excellent promotional opportunity and the Victoria Boy's Rugby Club seemed to do well with the 'by donation' bucket. Happy to help them out.

I spent the entire day chasing down run-away kayakers and keeping a watchful eye on the rest... more rolling practise and lots of balance bracing to keep myself stretched out (?entertained).

Cutest moment was when a little one fell out of her kayak and needed a rescue. She jumped up, sat side-saddle on my spray-skirt and paddled the right-side with my greenland paddle. I used my right hand to hold her upside down kayak and my left hand to paddle on the left-side back to the beach. Not a textbook rescue but it turned her tears to laughter and that's what's really important right? Right!

Tonight I sleep...

Time on water - 5 hours
Time guiding - 5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment