The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GPS Clocking/Shakedown Cruise

Ron and I went for a brisk paddle out and around Gooch and Rum Islands. As he had his GPS along we decided to clock our speeds. Fairly impressive results as I haven't spent a lot of time in the new girl, I'm fairly certain with a bit of tuning of my stroke, and concentration, I can bring my solo cruising speed up a bit further yet. So far I've been nothing but impressed by this baidarka.





Ron's Italian designed kayak is a speed machine, he set an impressive pace - I imagine his highly refined stroke might have had something to do with it as well.



Thanks for a great day's paddle my friend. Looking forward to paddling with you again in a year or so.  :O)

~d











...and a shot of Ron that was emailed to me!






He also sent me THIS link to the CASKE 2000 Expedition's Journals and Webpage. I highly recommend giving it a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment