The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meeting an Inspiration.

I struggle with what Freya Hoffmeister 'is'. She refutes the term inspiration, but I have no other term for what I take from her - and that night, sitting in that chair, listening to her voice falter as she came to a particularily horrifying part of her journey... it felt like I was taking something very precious from her.




Dear lady, I'm fairly certain that I understand the feeling of being truly alone on the ocean, under those cliffs that dark and stormy night... and I know that despite life-changing moments like these, I still appreciate, and desire, the solitude and peace in my life that paddling provides. Possibly this is the draw of expedition paddling for free souls... and the fundamental reason I'm inspired by people like you.


Freya, I'd like to thank-you.
Thank-you,
~daniel~


No comments:

Post a Comment