The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tillicum to Ogden Point

Twas a fine evening for a peddle and a paddle so I hooked the trailer up behind my tricycle and dragged 'Tassie' over to...

S.Dawg's Hideaway
... for Wayfarers, Seafarers, Lackeys and Other Assorted Miscreants.


BTW my friend... how am I supposed to find my way home when the beacon is off and some fat guy with a beard is sitting on it?

....and back to that paddle.

Paddled out to meet Derek at his fine wooden schooner, anchored in the harbour. Glad to see someone is willing to save these old gems. We headed out towards Ogden Point, and had a leisurely paddle back.

Coming back up the Gorge, I spent a 'few' hours practising and playing in all the little bays and eddies. There were some wonderful little pockets of still water behind the supports of the Bay Street Bridge, so I spent some time gliding around in the currents and back eddies, while watching tugs maneuvering the massive gravel-laden barges. Also stopped to watch the car-eating mega-monster chow down at Budget Steel. Buick-mulch spitting out it's rear-end.

In the little bay near my put-in I played - sprinting and slaloming through foam-bergs, and dancing on the water with sculling and bracing turns. Also did some fine flops into the water, laying completely into a balance/sculling brace. Didn't get my head wet though ;O)

...another gorgeous evening on the water.


Time on water - 4 1/2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment