The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, July 6, 2009

Morons burn the Florence Filberg...

I learned some incredibly sad news yesterday... The beautiful old Miki Miki tug 'Florence Filberg' has been torched by vandals - cowards would be a better description. I've been watching her being looted and vandalized for well over a year now, the hardest thing (before the burning) for me, was the day I went out to her and discovered that someone had cut her massive brass propeller off... Like many dreamers I had thoughts of what it would take to bring her back and put her to work as a live-aboard working vessel... dreams and thoughts only...

She was a grand old lady and deserved better. It's heart-wrenching to see her corpse.

The Florence Filberg's History

The Times Colonist article



Leave the sound off...

No comments:

Post a Comment