The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Different Perspective.

I'm sitting here in the wee hours of the morning, a full moon shining across the bay. The moon tricked me into thinking it was pre-dawn light so I got up to see. What a beautiful sight. As I'm munching on a little snack of a couple of cookies, I start thinking...



I'm stuck here... yeah I am, but now I'm off the reef and in the sandy bay. Town is a few miles walk away, things aren't so bad, people have been lifting the tarp, and poking around to see what's under it, but so far seem to respect my stuff...



Possibly I should be looking at this as an opportunity instead of a situation?





My weaknesses are big surf launches and landings... so like everything else I've taught myself... I need to paddle in big surf over and over and over until I get it. There in front of me is a bay with big surf, the weather is going to hell in a handbasket again tomorrow, and I need to replace the charts and case that washed off my deck yesterday. I've been walking the beach at low tide hoping to spot it but no luck so far. Why not just spend the next week of ugly out there, in a controlled environment, with controllable exposure, on a known beach, practising and learning?



I'm going to stay here in Makah Bay until this next big weather system passes through, and until the whales arrive which will be very soon.



I'm going to identify my weaknesses, and fears, and force myself to overcome them, and learn from them.



I'm going to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment