The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, April 23, 2010

~simple~

Simply feel it, breathe it, smell it, see it, touch it... allow yourself to be awed and overwhelmed by it without asking why.





...about me.



I grew up with my fingers in both the soil and sea, lifting boards in the backyard looking for beetles and worms, lifting logs in the forest looking for salamanders and centipedes, lifting rocks on the seashore looking for crabs and blennies. I spent 25 years of my life working the soil, growing beautiful things, growing my food, growing soil. I lived as a simple hermit, in peace, and solitude - I walked the empty rural roads and city streets in the wee hours of the morning when all the world was asleep. My body my transport. Peaceful - the frogs, crickets and owls my companions. Now I paddle - my body my transport. Seems logical to me to spend the next period of my life with the sea. Possibly someday I'll be able to fly under my own power and experience the sky as well.



Soil, Sea, Sky, Food, Water, Shelter ...and Dreams.



I found myself asking why? Why? WHY? I found clarity of vision in a true friends words to me in a particularily rough spell...



"So I will peacefully rake and NOT waste time trying to find answers to insane WHY? questions but breathe the day in in all its beauty. And be grateful for what I can hold onto lightly & lovingly."



I have changed... I no longer argue with what is presented to me - I hold it as a thought, and savour it like quickly melting ice-cream. Accept it or not - it doesn't really matter. It is what it is, and I am what I am, as you are what you are, as the world around us is what it is. The past is heldfast, the future is a dream, and today is the moment of opportunity. It's all quite simple, enjoy it before it melts away.



The honest and simple truth is that I want it all, I want it with my eyes wide open, and I continue to want the incredible clarity of vison that comes with giving in to all the forces acting upon me in any given moment - on the water - in the forest - on the beach - or walking down the road.



I want to live each moment anew, for the rest of of my life. I'm going to feast on these luscious moments - and make a simple life doing so.



Nothing is chasing me, I have nothing to run from, there is no skeleton in my closet waiting to reach out and thump me with a femur when I least expect it. I'm a simple man, with a simple plan, who finds his happiness living a simple life, searching for simple pleasures. I don't ask the question why much anymore.



...and I'm very fond of double scoops of strawberry in a waffle cone.

~daniel~







No comments:

Post a Comment