The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hurricane

Not something to brag about... a very scary thing indeed. I heard the Banshee's screaming at me as the combination of brutally steep 20 foot 12 second seas, a full moon tide, storm surges, and the rain-flooded Wa'atch River bursting it's banks and flooding the plains around it - and me -  made for a nervous night. Tatoosh Lighthouse measured sustained Hurricane force winds of 94mph. The brunt of which buffeted me in my exposed location ten feet above the high tide line.





I can proudly say that my little camp came through unscathed. This is a shot from a few weeks back. It's a system that works extremely well. I'll often, when the winds are an issue, turn the tarp to windward side and lay logs and rocks along it to keep it down and ramp the winds up and over me.



photo credit Jim Mercure




No comments:

Post a Comment