The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's That Smell?

Ahhh... the refreshing smell of... errr...





Mr. Sea Lion - deceased - decided to pay me a visit in the night.

What's left of him has moved with the recent very high tides, and he's now finishing his natural processes on my door-step. Good news is that I'm getting incredible views of the Eagles and Ravens flying about my camp all day. The bad news is foul. I guess the good news is fowl.



More good news is that I'm on my way into Seattle for a few days R&R and a test paddle of Setsuko's shiny new Qaanaaq 512 SS "Azuki De Cheata". I'm really excited about it. Hope I can find my favourite sneakers there as well as mine have disintegrated beyond use. I'll happily give them a plug as they're the best $100 trail shoes I've ever owned - Inov8 Flyroc 310's. They still have a looong way to go to come anywhere near my Viberg hikers. Leather and kayaks don't play well together unfortunately.



Had a wonderful day yesterday - spent the whole day goofing around in Persephone. We went rolling, and surfing, and bongo-sliding, and I even managed to sneak around the Point to the place I've taken to calling 'The Devil's Armpit' for some rock-gardening and clapotis play. The seas were relatively subdued. Big thank-you to Poseidon - I really needed this day and it was gifted to me.



...and I spent a good portion of time just floating there in balance braces looking up at the sky. Peaceful...

No comments:

Post a Comment