The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Gorge with Kyle

Met my nephew at Craigflower schoolhouse for a paddle on the Gorge. He paddled 'Tassie' and I paddled 'Humble Pie'. First time out and the young fellow was performing rescues like a pro. I dumped half a dozen times in the the three hours we were out. I've yet to master a forward stroke of any signifigance with the K1. Crawl, walk, and THEN run... repeat. I can brace and balance the beastie nicely though.

My rescuer was exploring edging, strokes, and turning with remarkable comfort. We'll be at the pool practising wet exits and self rescues sunday after next.

Thanks Kyle!

Time on water - 3 hours
Time volunteer instructing - 3 hours

...and I found this photo of a beautiful piece of drift-stump art.

No comments:

Post a Comment