The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 6, 2009

Becher Bay and Pool Session

Paddled with the Sunday group out from Becher Bay to the point. Weather was warm and the paddle pleasant. Ten paddler's in total. Really nice way to spend a day. Hopefully I'll get out on more of these as I'd like to continue developing and refining my guiding style with groups before I decide if it's what I want to do for a partial living. I tend to be very watchful, a result of my emergency response background. Safety first, especially with an unknown group with unknown skill levels. I'll loosen up a bit now that I know the paddler's needs and styles better.
Time on water - 4 hours.

Went to the pool for a training session in the K1, balance keeps getting better, only thrown off twice all night and diabolically sucker-dumped by an evil, evil man... all in good fun of course... *wink*

All this sculling is giving me bulges where I don't seem to remember there being bulges before.
Time on water - 2 hours

Couple of videos of Harvey Golden, kayak historian showing off one of his favourite kayaks. Not too keen on the idea of denim for paddling... but hey, who am I to dress others. Cotton is truly nasty when wet though.






Time on water (two outings) - 6 hours
Time volunteer guiding - 4 hours
Time volunteer instructing - 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment