The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Roberts Bay and Tsehum Harbour

Nice waves coming into Roberts Bay today. Winds were 20+knots from South and Southeast, gusts above that. Waves were refracted into the bay from Roberts Point and rose up nice and clean. Roberts Bay is an interesting place, very shallow, with a silty bottom. Forecasts were for 30 knots in the afternoon but the winds died down around 1330 hours. Intermittent showers didn't bother me one bit once I was in my drysuit. Next time the wind is howling from the South I'll come here to paddle, especially on a low tide.

'Tassie' and I surfed some baby surf for a few hours in the morning, and then went out to play in the rough stuff nearer the marker. Chop was pretty big with some white caps breaking. Lots of fun! I sure missed my baby, feels great paddling her again.

Finished the day with an easy calm-water cruise around the multitude of marinas in Tsehum Harbour. Lots of interesting boats to look at... a beautiful little tug that has obviously seen some recent love caught my eye this time.

Had a very pleasant and thoughtful conversation over a cup of hot tea with ~P to finish the day of paddling.

Time on water - 5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment