The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Portage Inlet and Pool Session

Spent 3 and one half hours paddling the K1 in Portage Inlet and the Upper Gorge. What a slimey mess in the farthest reaches of the inlet... ewwwwwwww.

Good news is that my head didn't go under on the capsizes, the bad news is that I accidently ended up in a disgusting oil slick which left all my gear slimey... took the hose and shower to it all. Big thanks to my paddling partner for the day Neil for repeatedly pulling me out and helping me get the water out of my... errrr... the... (as of yet unbulkheaded) hull. The pace wasn't fast most of the time, in fact it bordered on full turtle ahead.

Later on went to the pool and kept her upright for most of the night. Few spills but my balance is improving dramatically now.

Canadian Champion Adam Van Koeverdan has beautiful technique.


He's in #3, white kayak with red nose in this one...


bunch more...




...above all, paddling should be fun!



Time on water - 6.5 hours
Time volunteer instructing - 0.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment