The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, March 29, 2010

Changing Weather

This morning it was an odd scene. To the south - rain and mist, and almost everything obscured under huge cumulo-nimbus clouds. Overhead - clear blue skies, carried by a biting cold wind from the north. To the north, the huge anvil-heads of thunder-storms. Hail, it's hailing now, I run for cover as pieces of ice the size of McD's fountain drink ice rattles down around me. The winds are coming from the southwest again. Makah Bay looks the same as it has every day since I crash-landed here. Big raging waves breaking over it's fields of reefs. Not a friendly looking place...





Something big is happening with the weather and I've no choice but to hunker down and wait. Peanut Butter is almost gone, fruit is finished, ran out of sweets. Still have tuna, KD, cous-cous, lentils and oats. Mussels to feast on for the harvesting at low tide. Freshwater falling from the cliffs around the corner - orange tinted but drinkable. Managed to get a few bags of wood cut up for my little stove before the hail came. I'm eating fresh Mussels tonight my friends, and they're the sweetest, most buttery little beasts I've ever enjoyed. Could be the fresh air though too ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment