The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whoosh

Good thing I moved my camp up the slope a ways yesterday. The sound of huge logs rolling and crashing in the night seemed a lot louder than the night before. This morning I awoke to a collection of oddities. A layer of hail shed to the edges of my tarp, a two foot by twelve inch piece of rotten tree laying beside me - the thump and nudge that woke me last night, A pile of logs where my camp previously had been. Possibly my intuition is more on track than I've been giving it credit for...





I slept very well last night through the onslaught. Made myself two pots of Mussels this time... ohhh so good these little orange creatures.



Walked into town on the low tide this morning to write, and buy some groceries. Fresh fruit and veggies! I had a bag of oranges but I shared them with the kids, I'm a softy.



Though it's been intermittently raining today, the wind has dropped, and as I walked back down the beach to camp I looked out over the bay to see a double rainbow. A rainbow with with one end on the spot I hit the beach on the return trip, and the other on the surf line. If it's a sign I'll take it. The sun is only a finger width above the horizon, there are still some squalls in the southwest, and rain-clouds about, but the sky is predominantly clear. I think the low pressure system has settled in a bit and stabilized a hair.



Fingers, toes, and moustache crossed for good weather to launch tomorrow. Surf looks gentler this evening. Hell - I'll even knock on this log for good luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment