The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, March 18, 2010

R&R

Met Tom today, a fellow skin-boater from Port Townsend. He came back later with photos of his pretty little retrieval kayak, remarkable job he's done on her design, and the red-dyed accents really bring out the charm of her.

Bill the caretaker and ranger here has a great story, he bought and is restoring the old 38' fishing boat he worked on in his younger years. It was one of the first fibreglass hulls to come out of Port Townsend. He's just finished refurbishing the Isuzu diesels and put then back in a week ago. I'd love to see her...



'The Boiler Room' is a great little coffee-shop and youth lounge in PT. Smoke-free, drug-free, and alcohol free, coffee's pretty damn good too! The place is run by kids and reminds me of a hostel from Kathmandu I loved. Worth checking out for the youthful energy and vibe - makes me feel young. Had another drawing come out of me here. It was the scene of me struggling off the lighthouse at the mouth of Puget Sound... I left iut there at the shop. Everyone that sees my pieces says the same thing - "great use of shading". I'll admit they are dark, but it seems they are becoming my emotional releases. Someday maybe they'll all re-appear in my life - I tend to just leave them behind for others as the need is in the act of drawing not the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment