The LBSB Expedition
...life with ~daniel~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waiting

South Pender Island, BC, CANADA



Early awake at 0200 in hopes of a crossing at dawn. No such luck. Winds blasting right up Bedwell started at 0300. WX08 says possibility of hurricane force winds, gales in the 30-40 knot range. Ewwww...





So I decided to take a hike up Mt. Norman, down to Canal Road, and into the bakery at Port browning for a cuppa tea, a date square, and some internet time. I think I'll back through Ainsley Point to Beaumont. I was robbed of the punishment of a view across to the San Juans, and specifically my intended destination of Stuart Island, by a construction crew working on the lookout. Very nice walk so far, I'm sitting at the Canal bridge, at the site of the former isthmus which is a historically important First Nation's site. I'm listening to the wind roar through the trees on the other side of the island - a dropped feather would drift straight down to the ground here. Time to go! Date squares a-calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment